WorkSafeNB says a workplace incident left a 72-year-old man dead in northwest New Brunswick.
72-year-old-man killed in incident involving stone crusher machine, says workplace safety organization

Sam Farley · CBC News
· Posted: Aug 18, 2026 5:25 PM EDT | Last Updated: 2 hours ago
Listen to this article
Estimated 1 minute
The audio version of this article is generated by AI-based technology. Mispronunciations can occur. We are working with our partners to continually review and improve the results.
WorkSafeNB is investigating a workplace death that happened on Monday outside of Edmundston, RCMP said. (Megan Goddard/CBC)
WorkSafeNB says a workplace incident left a man dead in northwest New Brunswick.
RCMP Sgt. Jocelyn Picard from the Saint-Léonard detachment said RCMP responded to a call around 1 p.m. on Monday to a rural area outside of Edmundston.
Picard said a 72-year-old man from Edmundston had been working on a stone crusher at a construction business when the machine got jammed and he went underneath to try and fix it. A piece of machinery then fell on the man and killed him, Picard said.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene and the investigation was turned over to WorkSafeNB when RCMP determined that no criminality was involved, Picard said.
WorkSafeNB said in a post on social media on Tuesday morning that a worker died in a “workplace incident” in Saint-Jacques but did not give any details.
This story was brought to Nouzie by RSS. The original post can be found on https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/saint-jacques-workplace-death-9.7311530?cmp=rss




