Deaths of 2 men in western N.B. declared a homicide, suicide | CBC News

0
13 hours ago
deaths-of-2-men-in-western-nb.-declared-a-homicide,-suicide-|-cbc-newsDeaths of 2 men in western N.B. declared a homicide, suicide | CBC News

New Brunswick

The deaths of two men last week in Carleton County have now been deemed a homicide and suicide, say RCMP, who did not release the name of either man who died.

Investigation has concluded, and no criminal charges will be laid, RCMP say

CBC News

· Posted: Aug 19, 2026 3:01 PM EDT | Last Updated: 1 hour ago

Text to Speech Icon

Listen to this article

Estimated 1 minute

The audio version of this article is generated by AI-based technology. Mispronunciations can occur. We are working with our partners to continually review and improve the results.

RCMP vehicleRCMP responded to a report of two deaths on Aug. 12 in Knowlesville. (David Bell/CBC)

The deaths of two men in western New Brunswick that were originally considered suspicious have now been ruled a homicide and suicide, RCMP say.

Police responded on Aug. 12 to a report of two deaths in the Carleton County community of Knowlesville, according to a news release.

Police found the bodies of a 68-year-old man and a 74-year-old man inside a residence on Knowlesville Road, almost 20 kilometres east of Florenceville.

A firearm was also found at the scene.

RCMP didn’t identify the two men but said both were from the community, knew each other and lived together.

Spokesperson Cpl. Hans Ouellette said no other person was involved in the deaths.

 » Read More


This story was brought to Nouzie by RSS. The original post can be found on https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/homicide-suicide-knowlesville-new-brunswick-9.7312789?cmp=rss

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *