No natural gas leak at Regent Mall, says Fredericton Fire Department

5

After evacuating the Regent Mall in Fredericton following reports of the smell of natural gas Thursday, the Fredericton Fire Department and Enbridge Gas have given the all clear.  

Platoon chief Mike Mizner says Fredericton Fire received a report of a natural gas odour at the front of the WalMart store at 8:34 p.m. 

He said the store was being evacuated when firefighters arrived and they asked security to evacuate the rest of the mall. 

“We responded with four fire apparatus and myself and with our gas detectors went through the structure and we couldn’t find any signs of natural gas.” 

Mizner said when Enbridge Gas officials arrived, they also went through with their gas detectors but couldn’t find any signs of natural gas. 

“They believe it was sewer gas.” 

Mizner said the fire department cleared the scene at 9:50 p.m. 

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here