Whether you put up your decorations on the first of November or you wait until the kids’ winter break, sprucing up the mantel for the holidays can happen anytime. Use our stylist’s simple tricks from these unexpected vignettes to make a statement that will last through the new year.
This lush long-lasting garland is in full bloom all winter long with a mix of red, pink and peach faux roses. For added sparkle, an assortment of vintage brass candlesticks in varying heights are nestled into it.
- This asymmetrical arrangement has a contemporary vibe.
- Fresh silvery green eucalyptus dries out beautifully.
- Faux roses are lovely and low maintenance.
This magical scene is created with cute and colourful bottlebrush trees set atop a lush bed of fresh ferns and ivy. Look closely and you’ll spot a few adorable woodland critters as well.
- The fresh ferns and ivy are planted in a shallow galvanized metal planter for easy watering.
- Moss hides areas of the planter that may be visible.
Glittery vintage-look houses, tiny bottlebrush trees, fresh cedar sprigs and a bed of faux snow transforms your mantel into a charming winter village. Home for the holidays, indeed.
- Fresh evergreen wreaths echo the greenery at the base of the houses.
- Gold ornaments and foliage bring the shine to this retro village scene.